As hotly anticipated from the rumor mill, Blizzard confirmed the announcement of Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, World of WarCraft: Shadowlands and more! See below for our recap of the Blizzcon announcements:
As expected, Blizzard delivered! There was a very large contrast from to announcement from last year, I can tell you Diablo 4 was received very well at the Blizzcon show floor. Here’s a summary of some of the key features we’re getting in the game:
- 5 classes to choose from, Barbarian, Sorceress and Druid announced. Druid being the show floor favorite btw
- Open world, non-linear story line
- Mounts! You get to ride a horse and customize it too, speaking of which..
- Customizable classes, way more control be any Diablo game
- Multiplayer co-op and PVP, includes a world events that require more than one player to complete (My character died a lot doing this)
That’s just the tip of the iceberg folks! I got to play test the game so if you’re curious how it plays and feels check out our Diablo 4 Demo review for more (to post soon).
And the second most anticipated announcement for Blizzcon 2019 was Overwatch 2. Some things to forward to are:
- Co-operative missions
- Using talents to level up heroes, see photo above
- New PvP mode like “Push.”
- New Maps like Toronto
- New Area settings Ilios, Route 66, Busan and Paris
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
The announcement to the new expansion to World of Warcraft (Wow) entitled World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, the 8th expansion to WoW, was met with of grateful cheers at Blizzcon. Some things to look forward to are:
- New maps based on the Shadowlands, the afterlife area for WoW
- Updated character leveling process designed to make it easier for new players
- Introduces new player only zone also designed to support new player integration
We don’t know about you, but the intro cinematic alone has us excited! We also are looking forward to the release of this game. World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is set to release next year (2020) and you can pre-order from Blizzard now.
Hearthstone Descent of Dragons and Badlands
And the last, but certainly not the the least, was the announcement of Hearthstone Descent of Dragons and Hearthstone Badlands. The former being a new expansion to Hearthstone and the latter being a new multiplayer format. Check out some features below:
Hearthstone Descent of Dragons
- New Hero cards, adding the most number of dragons to any Hearthstone expansion yet
- New game mechanic Invoke, it calls out a Dragon just when you need it!
- Multiplayer mode that allows for for up to 8 players
- Uses a combination of Hearthstone cards and heroes for configurable game board played by up to 8 players
So there you have it! Some announcements as expected and a few surprises. Keep following us here for more from Blizzcon 2019!